We have all heard that if we don’t take care of our planet, who will? In an effort to help each of us reduce our carbon footprint in a little way, we developed a really easy list of ways to not only help the environment, but your water and power bill as well, everyday.
- Turn off water while brushing your teeth. So simple, yet most of us don’t do it, why not? Saving even a cup full of water a brushing adds up!
- Unplugging unused electronics. Even with the power turned off, your appliances and electronics are using up energy just by being plugged in AND you are paying for that!
- Turning off A/C during the day if feasible/ opening windows. Again, you are paying to cool the house while you aren’t in it. Unless it’s the summer and your home will be unbearable hot unless you do this, try turning it off or to a higher setting and opening the windows. Fall is the perfect time to utilize this energy saving trick!
- Use re-usable bags and containers for lunch. Easy enough right? Just get a pack of Tupperware the next time you are at the store and bring your lunch from home. Not only are you saving money by doing this, but by using reusable containers you are reducing the amount of waste. Need a lunchbag? Try using one of your reusable shopping bags!
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room. We’ve all heard our parents say this but now we really know why. Not only is that adding up on your electric bill but it is a total waste of energy and resources. If you’re not in the room, chances are, you don’t need the lights to be on. Food for thought.
We hope this has been an informative blog on really simple ways to reduce your energy consumption. Do you have any tips to share?